Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pet Homage

My good friend, Mrs. Recio, asked me if I could make her a special gift to give her husband for Christmas. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to create. But I had an idea....it was to create a display to pay a special homage to their sickly labrador retriever, "Shadow".
After going to Hobby Lobby yesterday to purchase some items for school, I decided to "browse" for the appropriate stickers. After finding the perfect stickers I decided to look for the background paper and found the cutest one that coordinated with the stickers. Soon after that I had also found the perfect frame to display the page I was going to create. Since I was inspired by all these items, I went straight home and diligently worked on the project. I just couldn't resist and finished the gift last night in three hours! I felt like the little mouse in the popular book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". One thing lead to another...and as a result got a very simple, yet memorable keepsake for her husband to remember their adorable dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails