Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fold out Thank You card

This one I am proud of. It took some tactful planning and precise measurements to create. I am happy to say that I like the way it turned out.




I had seen a fold out card on a Disney book and I thought it was definitely one I'd had to try to make. I thought to myself-"I can do this!" With the picture in my mind I vizualized what I had seen on the book.

It didn't come out right on my first attempt, but it was not a total loss. The first template I made came out short for the card to fold all the way from the front. Using that same cardstock I traced the sections that came out right and then scored the paper closer in length to allow it to "close" correctly. It did! So here's what I did.

Supplies used:
1 4x6 photo - cut to size
1 12x12 colored cardstock
2 patterned papers (that coordinate)
Stickers
Flowers
Ribbon
Chipboard flowers
Brads
Photo Corners
1 A7 Envelope (fits 5x7 card)

Basic Instructions:
Cut your 12x12 paper to size (kind of like a fat "T")to make the fold out from the bottom and score. Fold and iron out with hand or tool. Measure paper to cover middle section only. Use other paper to cut two pieces for top and bottom and glue. Place 4x6 picture on the bottom portion of the card- where the fold will occur and fold up before you close your card. Embellish with ribbon, chipboard, stickers, flowers and dedicate your thank you card by hand or type it- and print!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails